Best News Stories & Information
- CARBON PRICE = BIRTH CREDIT = SEX SLAVE Soon to be ENFORCED BY LAW! ***Update Kevin Rudd followed me on twitter before he was PM again and Even Tony Abbott is kicking out this SCAM in Australia!!! good job eh...
- "I AM SAFE" LAW of the LAST CALL MANY TRUTHERS MAKE, THEN VANISH IN TO GESTAPO SECRET DETENTION
- "Daan" & "Kama" Morality in action The Diamond of the Mind, "Lightning Bolt"
- First RFID Remote Controlled Human Julia 16 Year Old Girl 1968 + TR-3B Documented in Australian.gov.au Document
- GOD TRACKED SCIENTIFICALLY "MORAL REALITY IS CLOSE"
- Undead Necromancy, Fraud = using Dead Body's in Contract, Incorporated
- 1381 Peasant Revolt "Hanging the Immoral from the Tower of London" to get EQUAL RIGHTS! John Ball "procure peace by dispatching out of the way the great men, there shall be an equality in liberty"
- Australian Government Quote : "To remain relevant and competitive in the NEW WORLD ORDER, innovative thinking is required" in official documentation .gov.au
- "Scientifically Proven DNA Insestual Inbred RULING IMMORAL ELITE Bloodline"
- Dec 25 Merry Zagmuk
- UNITED NATIONS & YOUR GOVERNMENT Reducing your MORALITY
- NWO NEW WORLD ORDER RESTORATION PLANS to RAPE YOUR VIRGIN CHILDREN FORCED BY BIRTH CREDIT SLAVERY LAW TO RESTORE Driot Du seigneur "Right of the First Night"
- Help the Dragons & Baby Dragons Fighting the New World Order
- Historic Breakdown of the Bloodlines Expansion "Masks and Agencies"
- Copyright GOD under UN law "authority to Speak"
- Historic Texts of the "5500yr MORAL WAR"
- Original Text's and Culture Creating the Terminology of the 5500yr MORAL WAR
- Scientific Meditation "Lower your Vibration is the Key to DMT Activation"
- Population Reduction TV Commercial
- Julia Gillard Australian PM Charged with Treason
- Laws of Treason "Advocating a Foreign Power or Takeover"
- Banks "The Origination of Method"
- BRIC Alliance, Brazil, Russia, India, China "Unite after 911 Coverup"
- The Awakening is based on Moral Knowledge to Escape the Systems Manipulation
Monday, November 1, 2010
James Frederick Ferrier 1808-1884
I found an old copy of Lectures on Greek Philosophy in a second hand bookshop, Its now my personal favorite, Ferrier is a Hero and pioneer of Metaphysics, Coining the term epistemology in institutes of metaphysics, my personal favorite quote is :
"Philosophy being, according to our definition, that science which aims at the attainment of absolute truth, that is of truth as it exists, not for some, but for all intelligence"
"It was not truth for some, truth acquired through the particular faculty, that was now aimed at, it was rather truth for all : Truth for which every mind could and must respond"
Vol 1 : Institutes of Metaphysic the Theory of Knowing and Being (1854)
Vol 2 : Lectures on Greek philosophy
Vol 3 : Philosophical works of the late James Frederick Ferrier
James Frederick Ferrier was born on 16 June 1808 to a prominent Edinburgh family – his aunt was the novelist Susan Ferrier, and under the alias ‘Christopher North’ his uncle, Professor John Wilson, was one of 19th century Britain’s leading men of letters.
Ferrier was educated at the High School of Edinburgh and Greenwich School outside London. In 1825 he enrolled at the University of Edinburgh where he studied for two years before becoming a Fellow Commoner at Magdalen College, Oxford from which he graduated in 1832. It was during his last year there that he met Sir William Hamilton.
Ferrier returned to Edinburgh, entered the ‘Faculty of Advocates’ and began work as a lawyer in 1833, but having little interest in a legal career, he continued his philosophical studies, and in 1837 published his first article in Blackwood’s Magazine. This article – ‘An Introduction to the Philosophy of Consciousness’ – appeared in instalments over seven issues and established Ferrier as a contributor to philosophical discussion in Scotland.
In 1841 Ferrier was appointed Professor of Civil History at the University of Edinburgh where he developed a close intellectual and personal relationship with Sir William Hamilton on whose recommendation he was appointed Professor of Moral Philosophy and Political Economy at the University of St Andrews. In 1854 he published his major work the Institutes of Metaphysic.
In 1853 Ferrier applied to Edinburgh University for the Chair of Moral Philosophy and then again in 1856, when Sir William Hamilton died, for the Chair of Logic and Metaphysics. Neither application was successful, partly because of the mixed reception the Institutes had received. The second competition was acrimonious and prompted Ferrier to publish a short work Scottish Philosophy: the Old and the New, in which he defended his philosophy as properly Scottish despite his express rejection of the School of Common Sense.
James Frederick Ferrier spent his final years revising his lectures on Greek philosophy, which were published after his death. From 1857 onward Ferrier’s health declined and he died in St Andrews on 11 June 1864. His collected works were published in three volumes in 1875.
Ferrier’s essay on Berkeley was regarded in his own lifetime as possibly his best piece of work. In it he rejects an idea fundamental to Reid’s Inquiry, that the philosophy of mind was led off course by assumptions Berkeley had made widespread. Instead, Ferrier argues for a return to Berkeley but at the same time insists that this is in accord with the principles of common sense. In this way he gives a new turn to the Scottish philosophical tradition.